The festival was a huge hit, 67 people got cozy under a crisp and starry October night. We raised $1170 from the audience and sponsor Acheson Whitley Sweeney Foley. These funds are being put towards acquiring more video gear so that Surfrider can continue to make films that magnify our efforts in protecting the coast!
Stay tuned for the Surfrider Second Annual Short Film Fest happening autumn 2017!
- Grom Beach Cleanup by Surfrider Pacific Rim
- Vancouver Cleanup by Surfrider Vancouver
- Combing the Coast by Surfrider Vancouver Island
- Reel Youth Invention Camp Films (altogether 5 films, 27 min)
- Behind the Bloom by Clayoquot Action, edited and produced by Sam Rose Phillips
- Salmon Farm Standoff by Warren Rudd (I forget the actual name, it only joined the programme the day of the festival..so i will have to get this from him)
- Norma’s Story by Alex Hawley
- Haida Raid 3: Save Our Waters by Amanda Strong
- Reverence: The Monarch Project byJean-Nicolas Orhon
- The Rainmakers of Nganyi by Steve McDonald
- The Wildness Society: Demystifying Campaigning by Blue Bottle Films
- End of the Line: The Women of Standing Rock by Red Queen Media